Monday, July 8, 2013

Bugs and family

    As I start to write this blog entry it reminds me of someone once talking to me about life's changes.  How we will all weather change best if we imagine ourselves as a tree blowing in the wind, weathering the storms and changing seasons.  The tree moves with it all in as graceful a manor as it can and because of that it is left standing year after year sometimes for hundreds of years.  I never have looked at a tree in the same way.  To be able to relate to nature is very important in life.  We are connected to it in so many ways.  Although I could do without roaches, spiders and snakes! YUCK  I mention that because since I have moved into a home that was built in 1921 I have seen a few bugs.  My dog has a dogie door and at night somehow has all this energy to go in and out and in and out of that darn door!! Needless to say I think the big Texas sized roaches sometimes follower her in.  Thank the lord that tomorrow we have an exterminator coming to spray. Those bugs need to know they are not welcome in this house! 

    I had a great fourth of July with family and got to watch the fireworks from my front yard!  Fort Worth had three shows of fire works that night and I could hear them all but the ones from the Botanical Gardens were the ones best seen from our home. It was so enjoyable to visit an aunt and cousin who came down from Las Vegas.  My brother and sister in law and my two nieces were also visiting us.  It was a little chaotic with the children but was a fun time for all.  My mom even got a chance to visit the night before because my aunt was able to look after my grandmother for her.  So both nights I stayed up until 2am.  That might not seem late for some....I am becoming an old lady now and it wore my butt out! Most of all though I really cherished the quality time I spent with my mother.  These days my 90 year old grandmother dictates where she can go and for how long because its hard for her to do anything at that age.  My grandmother looks good though and I am proud of my mom for stepping up to the plate when out of 6 daughter and one son not one was able to take her in and care for her.  She would have been left in a nursing home and most likely forgotten about.  It was actually the first time since moving into this new home that my mom had seen my house all settled. 

    Well it appears that it is that time for me to lay my sleepy head on my soft pillow and go to dream land.  I wish I had the energy to write a longer post.  Maybe tomorrow...

No comments: