Thursday, June 20, 2013

Busy few months!

What a busy month it has been...well really two months.  Let's see I moved into a new home in a city that I am still learning my way around in.  Me and the husband had to prepare and rent our previous home out. Then we searched and found and then basically did all the leg work for Ben's parents to purchase a home that they will rent out until they retire in roughly 3 years.  We will be managing it for them in the meantime.  Let me not forget that my husbands dear grandmother Doris passed away in May.  We attended a funeral in Tyler and her health declined so suddenly it really was all so unexpected and it happened so fast.  I somehow survived through the second busiest day in the floral business...Mother's day.  I have amazingly coped pretty good with it all.  Yay me:)
  
   I think if you had said 5 years ago to me that I could handle that much I would have said never.  I know the Zoloft has really, really helped me actually live my life.  It makes it much easier to live when panic attacks are the very very rare exception and not the rule! Even though I have managed to gain 35lbs while on the meds...when I look at how well I can cope with life it's such a minor thing.  Of course it is important to stay healthy and I do find myself on the treadmill off and on. 

  The new house has been an adjustment.  It is a two bedroom one bath and one car garage home and I am used to a three bed two bath home and two car garage.   It is only 230 square feet smaller but you do notice it a little bit.  It is pier and beam and I have never in my life lived in a pier and beam home.  Needless to say it is an enchanting home.  It lets in lots of natural light and has a wonderful front porch.  It has an extra room attached to the detached garage and it is finished out and was the former owners home office.  I have made it a workout room.  It has worked out great so far:)  The noise the hardwood floors make is new to me.  The floors creek in certain spots and you can feel some boards move just the slightest when you step.  The neighbors have all been super friendly.  Sugar has made some neighborhood dog friends.  I have enjoyed being so close to everything I like.  Although I do miss Whole Foods often.  I am learning back roads to get around town.  It really has been a great move.  We have already hosted a get together with Ben's friends from work and his parents have visited and stayed a couple of nights.  We are creating memories here and every day it is feeling more and more like home.

No comments: