Thursday, March 21, 2013

Moving soon

     Yes, yes and yes I will be moving in about 3 weeks.  It wasn't what you would call a planned thing...nope it sure wasn't.  It started off as the husband saying i like this neighborhood...the rest is history as they say. 
    I am super excited to be moving to the cultural district of Fort Worth!!  My soul seems to be tied there.  My mother worked at the hospital that used to be located there.  I spent some summers volunteering in the hospital in my school years.  I was even taken to the emergency room in my teen years at that hospital.  I went to a therapist who still practices in the same old house just down the street from where that hospital used to be.  My mom climbed the corporate ladder there too...for over 20 years.  I could go on and on.  So many memories in that area. 
   I am now 35 years old and will be living in such a charming area of town.  It is so story book to me.  All the houses are old but well kept. They all look diffrent and have such character.  The house we have purchased was built in 1921.  I must admit I have never lived in an old home but have always loved them.  it's like they have a story to tell and you feel it when you walk in.
   I am looking forward to sitting on the porch in the summer evenings on the swing.  I have always loved swings!  When I would go visit my grandparents I would spend hours on their front porch swing.  It is so comforting and soothing. 
   I am sure as with anything that is life changing I will get a little panic as the move nears closer.  It is an exciting thing though.  As history shows change has never been easy for me good or bad.  I have learned though without change in your life and pushing yourself you just don't grow and expand your horizons.  So I am organizing things right now and making trips to Goodwill to get rid of things I don't use or need.
   I have been looking for a nice antique makeup table and think I have found "the one"  If it is still at the antique store in a few weeks I will know it was meant for me:) 

No comments: