Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sick Again

It's a little odd that I feel like blogging tonight.  Then again tonight is as good a night as any other.  I always feel like I have so much to say...then I start typing and seem stumped for words. 

I have had three colds in the past three months and have had an odd throw up spell one night.  Not sure what getting sick so often has been about.  I find myself speculating and analyzing everything before I had gotten sick.  I am aware that it really doesn't matter how.  It just seems like something I have always done. 

Tonight I sit on my couch with the T.V. in the background as I type.  The husband has gone to walk my sweet Sugar dog.  The house needs to be picked up a touch before we can watch the movie we got at Redbox.  I am on the fifth day of my cold and am still a little congested.  It seems to all be as a sinus headache now.  It's just enough discomfort to make you unhappy but you can still function.  I am really hoping that this "cold" doesn't turn into a bacterial infection that I will then have to take antibiotics for.  We shall see I suppose. 

I am writing about being sick because it used to happen so rarely to me.  Maybe I would get sick once a year if even that.  Maybe it is just part of getting closer to middle age.  Some people are just so graceful at being sick others (like maybe me) are a little more, shall we say dramatic.  I have had my share of crying spells cause I feel so bad I don't know what else to do.  Pretty sad huh?!  It is almost a release of sorts for me to cry about being sick sometimes.  I usually feel better after a good cry.  It seems to change my perspective on things a little.  Funny how something so simple can be so effective. 

The holidays...oh the holidays!  How they change as we get older.  They become more stressful and busy.  You are expected to put your best face forward no matter what.  It's usually family, family and more family.  We cram as much gathering in as possible this time of year....and because of it, go the whole year not seeing family. J/K  not really unless you are my family.  My brother lives 30 minutes away I see him about as many times a year as if he lived across the country.  I am sure that is pretty sad...but its life.  I do attempt to see my mother more often, she lives 40 minutes away and sometimes I'm just not up for the drive.  I have never been a social butterfly and never plan on being that either.  Its not that I don't enjoy socializing...I do...but I think I enjoy being alone more.  I can entertain myself quit nicely!  So the holidays with all its socializing wears me out pretty fast.  I am usually ready for things to get "back to normal". 

Well I am about to watch a movie and then head to bed.  I have to be at work at 10am tomorrow.  I really hope my head feels better in the morning.  No plans for New Years Eve.  Just a nice quit night at home.  Just like I like it!  :-D

No comments: