Friday, February 20, 2009

Ranting on and on

SO what is the deal with the economy. I am having such a hard time believing this country is going to recover gracefully. Maybe I should quit watching the news...Maybe I should quit reading and talking to people. Should I bury my head in the sand? Maybe that will help. I feel sorry for all the people losing there jobs and those facing foreclosure. My heart goes out to them. On the other hand I am kinda pissed that I am helping the economy recover with my tax dollars. Why should I pay for the huge banks and there CEO's with there mansions and private jets. Its like they new the government would never let them fall and so they just decided to do whatever at whatever cost. There is no accountability!!! I am ultra pissed at the car companies. They were supposed to have a game plan and also have a report on what they have done with the "bail" out money so far. Did they do it? NO! Did the government still give in to giving them more money? Yeah... WTF??? I don't get it. The car companies remind me of the little spoiled rich kid who gets what he wants when he wants. What I really want is for the auto companies to go down. American cars suck anyway. They haven't changed with the times. They haven't really tried to make more fuel efficient cars. The quality of there cars sucks and they don't hold there value. They could learn from the foreign auto companies. So let them fall. I know that would spell disaster for our country and supposedly we couldn't recover from that. So the other half of me has to be ok with the bail out. I guess we have no choice it has been shoved down our throats. I am just so tired of all the irresponsibility in our government. Its easy to point the finger when in truth I know it is a multitude of things. I still have every right to be mad as heck. I could go on and on. Honestly though I am sure I am just wasting my breath on the matter. However I do feel much better now. Whew..

2 comments:

Candycane said...

I'm torn just like you. The bail out for the housing industry does not help ME who is in a 30 yr fixed loan at a high apr. :( however, having a hard time doing a refi- was late by ONE day 2 times in 2008, ouch, the penalties. We pay our mortgage, hell or high water, and who is getting bailed? People who bought too much house, have two car payments, kids in private schools, wives w/ nails and hair, it just is insane.........on the other hand, if it helps people like grandmothers or spouses who were left a house and due to a job loss or spouse loss, fell behind,,, then we should help them out, i would want the help too. I am torn believe me I am torn. I think overall, the govt is always going to bail out the rich, help the poor (welfare, rebates) and that the mid to upper class who work hard, pay their student loans, live in a MODEST house AT BEST, drive old cars, use the public school system, donate to march of dimes, did i mention WORK HARD -- will suffer the most as far as "hand outs" go. No such thing. The economic stimulus is an illusion for us. We might get a check but then be docked for it during tax season. It is really all too screwed up for my little brain to handle. I guess people like us have two choices, try to make more money so we never have to care about money or quit working, move in to the slums and let the govt pay for everything.

A said...

Yeah it is a very complicated matter. The thing is there is hope and the current administration really thinks they are doing the right thing. I mean I hope we are seeing the bottom and if that is true there is no where to go but up. That is my hope. Obamas speach tonight was promising but all to often they are promises they can't keep. I hope he proves us all wronge and regains the American peoples trust again in government. He seems to be good at bringing people together in government as best as he can. That is very important. So we shall see...