Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Week of My Life

SO I took some vacation time recently from work. It was a little over a week. I just needed to step away for awhile. I ended up catching a bad cold on the second day of my vacation and spent the next 6 days without leaving my house once. Being sick is such a miserable existence. To top it all off it rained the entire week. I kinda thought that was a good thing because if you are gonna be sick at least I wasn't seeing a beautiful day. On the other hand the gloomy weather made for a more gloomy existence. To top all of that off It was that special time of the month. Could I have had worse luck! I tried to rest but couldn't. I couldn't do anything either my body was too run down. The doctor couldn't really do much for me that over the counter drugs wouldn't have taken care of. Things like a cold just have to run there course. I spent time reading on the net about how to make a cold go away faster...There were some pretty extreme techniques. Colds are not the worst thing you can have but they have a great way of making you just miserable enough to want to scream. I spent one day watching youtube clips for 2 hours! WOW that was a record for me two hours! WTF....I guess it is called extreme boredom. I will say youtube is way more exciting than afternoon tv. It had been a really long time for me since I had not left the house for 6 days. I almost worried I forgot how to drive.
Being extremely bored and miserable in my house for almost a whole week I was happy to return to work and the land of the living. Somehow being sick makes you appreciate being healthy and normal so much more than you did before. I hope I don't have another cold anytime too soon. It was a major reality check for me. I don't do sick...No not me. I am a HUGE baby.
Nothing can make you feel more attractive than having snot run down your nose and phlegm in your thought. I blew my nose so much it was peeling. I sneezed so much my chest hurt. I couldn't get any sleep. How could I when I couldn't breath through my nose and having to breath through my mouth hurt my already sore throat. To top that off I got a rash under my left eye. I think a new eye makeup remover had caused it. I was a mess. In the middle of the afternoon before my husband got home I felt so miserable I just sat at the end of the bed and cried. It seemed the only thing to do to just let it out. You get to a point you feel so miserable that the only thing left to do is cry. It did make me feel better! Very therapeutic.
So I am happy to report everything is finally back to normal! I am happy to say that and even happier to have said goodbye to that cold that took a week of my life.

1 comment:

Candycane said...

ugh, I HATE being sick too, I can't stand it, there is no room in the week for me to be sick. I'm so sorry you had it so rough and for so long. I feel your pain and thankfully it is over now!