Thank heavens the holidays are officially over. I have to admit they have there place but it is so nice to resume to some normalcy. We recently had a New Years Eve party. It was so much fun. We had about 10 guests. We talked, ate, played poker, and some bonded around the bon fire we had on our patio. We didn't get to bed until 3am. I for one enjoy a good party but I am not used to staying up that late. Around 11 I started to get tired. I then got a second wind. On New Years day I slept until around 10:30 or so. My body clock was so off. Ben and I got out once to get lunch. We really wanted Chipotle but they were closed. We proceeded to Pot Belly for me and Pei Wei for him. We can't forget dessert...we stopped at La Madeline for that. Three places to make us both happy. We are so spoiled. I wouldn't have it any other way. No New Years resolutions here. Just the hope of a brighter future for the world. I am excited for a new presidential term. I don't expect miracles just a new perspective for the country. For myself, my friends and family I hope for all the good this world has to offer.
I did however treat myself to a new cell phone. I have never bought one quite this fancy. I never really cared in the past. However, it is lots of fun to have. It gets live T.V., Internet, it has all the bells and whistles. Who would have thought. I researched it for 2 months to find the ONE! LOL. I fought back and forth in my mind of switching to AT&T or keeping the trusted Sprint. I finally made a decision to stay with Sprint. I am happy and in the end that is all that matters. It is just a cell phone after all. It was fun researching and then eventually purchasing something fun to use every day.
This coming year I have much to look forward to. For one Ben's parents bought a beautiful 2ND home in the mountains of Georgia. His mom has been busy furnishing it. I am so green with envy. It is beautiful and northern Georgia is perfect. We will eventually travel there to see it with our own eyes. This year I hope to purchase a new car. We have been patient awaiting the right time and we think it will be this year. I have my eye on one but who knows that could change. We have an Internet business that has the potential to be something really great. It is a remnant of the business we co owned with my brother and his wife. Then there is the wonderful gift of each day and the unknown gifts it has to offer. The excitement of what may unfold in your life. That is the most exciting. I have many things to look forward to in 2009. I have much gratitude for what I have been shown in life so far. Even in the depths of struggle I have found light. I have embraced all that is and all that will be. No matter what unfolds I feel sure it will be a marvelous year. So welcome 2009!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment