The blessing of family is undeniable. It is that unconditional love, the arms always open and waiting to embrace you in happiness or sadness. Every family expands and at times contracts. It is an ongoing process of learning, growing and loving each other.
What amazes me is the connection you have to those closest to you. I believe we are all one entity and therefore we are always connected to each other. We have the ability to feel each other beyond our human senses. There are no coincidences. One early evening I had laid down to take a nap and awoke with major palpitations. I stood straight up from a deep sleep. I was terrified with panic. Adrenaline coursing through my body. I looked at my cell phone and amazingly there was a text from my mother. She NEVER texted me in the past. The phone then rang. It was her! How did she know I needed her??? The idea to call me must have hit her the moment I was awaken with the palpitations and extreme panic. Another example was a time when I was sitting next to my mother and I felt this strong sadness as I sat there. I didn't really understand it at that moment. I thought it strange. I felt my eyes want to well up with tears and I of course held it back. It was hard though. We were at a family gathering. We had fun visiting with family. I just didn't quite understand what I was experiencing. I would find out a few days later. I called my mother to talk. At first the conversation was light hearted and then we shared more. I mentioned my feeling just a few days earlier. She then read me a poem she had written that morning. It was beautiful and as she read it I was shocked. I understood why I felt the way I did. I understood the pull. The poem put into words the unspoken feelings I had that previous evening while sitting next to her. I don't believe that was coincidence at all. If we are made up of energy vibrating particles then it is possible to communicate on that level. I could give countless examples but I think I have made my point here.
I believe the ability to connect on that deeper level is in all of us. The ting is most of us don't listen to it. I have to day I don't have experiences like that everyday. I would love to though. To cut through all the walls people put up and just get to the good stuff. Get to the heart of the person. That is the substance. Why be bothered with the fluff.
As I have gotten older and worked with people I otherwise would never know. I have learned how precious we all are. We all have countless gifts to offer this world. The Harvard trained lawyer is no more important for this earth than the construction worker.
Have you ever looked into a complete strangers eyes and saw straight into there soul. Its as though the person in the physical form no longer exists to you. You find yourself connecting on a much deeper level. Non of the boundaries placed on this earth follow. Boundaries like age, sex, religion, social class, ethnicity. Doesn't happen every day but it has happened for me. The thing that always surprises me is that customer that walks in that I have already sized up as nothing special. Then as I help them I am surprised at just how wrong I was. Its always that person that makes an imprint into my life. They might tell me an amazing life story or open up in such a soft and meaningful way.
Back to family, how blessed we are to have such a thing at all. A circle of comfort and belonging. Pain is there too. Having to let go at times. Having to reconnect at other times. Family is like a cameleon, ever changing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment