Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mother Nature

THis weekend was kinda interesting...to say the least! Hurricane Ike! Yikes! It was crazy. I was glued to the TV on Saturday most of the day. I don't know why I torture myself. They seem to roll the same footage over and over. Ben called his grandmothers who live in Tyler. It seems a tree had fallen through his grandmothers bedroom. It was a mess. She had to get a hotel and move her stuff outt of her bedroom so it wouldn't get rain damage. She will probaby come stay with us for a few days to get away from the frustration. I really feel for her...It is her birthday on Saturday too. I don't know when things hit home they hit home. The devestation that mother nature can bring is beyond me. I still don't get why so many people didn't heed the warnings about Ike. I just hope that all those affected by mother natures furry will come out ok. Today what a beautiful day it is. Who would have ever guessed a Hurrican passed our way. IT is 80 degrees and sunny with a nice breeze. Who could ask for more. I hate for days like this to end.

1 comment:

Candycane said...

I know, today was great and yesterday I was thankful we didn't live 39 miles away from Galveston anymore!! crazy! My friend down there is fine, no flooding in her house and all is ok w/ minor issues.