Sunday, June 8, 2008

Half the Year

Here we are the sixth month of the year.... I always like to break the year up in increments. Somehow it seems less overwhelming that way. We are into my least favorite time of the year; that is in Texas. Somehow I don't get off much on heat indexes in the 100's. My freshly applied makeup gone before I even make it into a store. Why do I even bother to take a shower...I should save my energy for when I get into my car and it is 200 degrees in there.
The happiest time of the year for me would have to be October! I love Halloween!!!! I love pumpkins and cool evenings. I love the clothes of fall. The leaves changing color the fresh air. I don't know it has always just put me in the best of moods. Just thinking about it now makes me feel all warm and fuzzy:)
This weekend I spent some time at the pool. I love the look of pool water. The aqua color is beauty to my eyes. Water has always had such a calming effect on my soul. When I went to the pool this weekend it was a little breezy and it made the top of the water look wavy. I seem to forget everything while I am in the water. It has a hypnotic spell. Especially when there is only one other older couple out there and it is so quite. One day I hope to have a home with a pool. A beautiful rugged looking pool with a waterfall and beautiful trees off into the distance, rockscapes and seasonal flowers. At night it would have light effects. I could go out in the evening and be soothed. There is just nothing that comes close to how water effects me. I take that back. The mountains actually do. I will save that for another time.
So here we are in June and I can't help but to feel so excited about the presidential election this year. WOW!!!! It is going to be a fun ride. Its pretty obvious it is history making. I think I will be backing Obama. I honestly don't want another Bush in office. Change could be a great thing and at just the right time. I will however say I am not that fond of Obamas wife. Yes she is accomplished but she just isn't as graceful and poised as I would like the first lady to be. She seems a little rough around the edges if you will. I will have to get over my judgement though its not like she is going to be the next president.
So back to my restful weekend. This morning Ben and I did our usual grocery shopping. We have to go to two stores. We get most of our groceries now at Whole Foods and we are becoming fixtures in that store. The people know us and sometimes wave as we walk out. I myself have started trying to not eat any processed junk foods or should I say science experiments. I snack on strawberries, grapes, carrots, ,bananas, cantaloupe, raisins, nuts and soy yogurt. I feel so much better. I still love my cakes and junk food just not everyday! I eat the foods nature intended us to eat and I feel so much more level all day. Imagine that eating the food nature intended and feeling great. If it had been a snake it would have bit me. ...
I will have to say this year is a monumental one so far for me. The world has shown itself to me in a beautiful light. I have worked hard and it is paying off. On my thirty first birthday in August I think I will be the healthiest I have ever been as well as the most balanced. It is a good feeling. The pain of my anxiety is no more a mystery to me. I am understanding how to cope in a healthier way. Ben and I are seeing our dreams unravel. We have been patient and steady at staying focused on our goals. It is paying off. I am excited and looking forward to the future, enjoying the present and letting go of the past. I am human and have falters and days that seem to go nowhere but I see the truth and the negative only lasts for a short while.
So half the year almost gone....Bring on the other half I am waiting with open arms!!!! The good the bad and the ugly. It is all really good stuff anyway.

1 comment:

Candycane said...

Somehow I missed this posting. It must have been a busy weekend or something for me to miss your blogs......anyway, I too yearn for a pool in my future, when the girls are much older though. luv n hugs.