The recent elections have made me wonder....Are we really ready for a woman president or an African American one? I have really never claimed to be Democrat or Republican and think a lot of people can agree they sit on the fence. I share values with both sides. I was watching the tube the other afternoon and a lady actually a former secretary of state has written a book on what the future president faces in our world today and what they will need to be ready for. I have to admit I don't really know what any of them are standing for. I haven't watched any of the debates. However when I saw that lady on TV promoting her new book it got me to thinking.
In the times we are in Obama would make a good president just on face value alone. It is my understanding he was raised really with no particular religion even though he was brought up by a former Muslim father and an atheist mother and they raised him to be whatever he choose to be on a religious front. He is now christian...Anyway the fact is we are at war with the middle east and a man who looks more ethnic wouldn't be a bad idea. It could help relations with the middle east just based on that alone. Also he is very charming.
On the other hand I like the fact that a woman could be president. That would be awesome but in the times that we are in do you really think just based solely on face value that any of our leaders in the middle east would look highly on that and would it really help relations. You have to consider they recently assassinated a woman of power and leadership. I don't think it would work out...I would love for it to and if she does become president would be happy but I just am not so sure. Anyway it has all been very interesting to watch lately and whoever wins is in for having a lot on there plate very quickly. I just pray that whoever is chosen will be able to truly handle the pressure and really be up for the job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
mmmm obama, eye candy. lol. i think we are ready for him, but not hilary. she is too stiff, too serious, maybe a nice enough lady and totally smart enough, but i think its time for a strong black man, hey maybe once we go black we won't go back. lol, jk -- i just like him, hes young and handsome and he has my attention. yummy
Post a Comment