Saturday, December 29, 2007

Technology

Today was a perfect day! It was a lazy morning...Then my husband and I went to our store to cut a check to our part time employee. Then it was to Radio Shack to get my husband a new phone from me for his birthday. It took forever to switch the phone over to the new one. It always does. It takes like 2 minutes to pick a new one and an hour to set it up. The sales people were very nice but come on. Then I bought an itrip for my ipod video. I was so looking forward to enjoying it on my car stereo from my fm radio. Fifty dollars seemed like a small price to pay. Then I try it and there is so much static I just said screw it! I had read reviews on the net and they were so mixed I just decided to try for myself. Well the bad ones were right not worth your time or money. I mean you pay like three hundred and fifty dollars for the ipod and then get all your wonderful songs movies and audio books on it and of course spend money with itunes to do most of it (God only knows how much money I have given itunes) Then you can't even play it in your car stereo! What the F**k? I mean come on technology you are letting me down here. So I ended up spending the rest of the afternoon searching for something that would allow you to plug your ipod directly into your factory car stereo. Well after about 40 minutes of searching Ben called Best Buy and they do have something and it cost ninety nine dollars and to install and extra forty nine dollars. Lord wasn't spending almost four hundred dollars on my ipod enough and then having to spend more money on downloading extra songs enough? Needless to say I won't be ding that anytime to soon. It just amazes me how the technology changes so fast and then how it makes you have to spend more money just to do things you should be able to do from the get go anyway. Cell Phones are much the same way. I upgraded a year ago loved my phone and now it is null an void. The new ones have video and look really cool and on and on. I mean that was less than a year ago. There is just so much out there to part you from your hard earned money. I mean it really is no surprise people are broke. I will say I do love my ipod video though. It is my favorite thing but I will admit the new touch ipod is pretty sweet:) Well like I said the day was a perfect one even though I got a little frustrated with my ipod.

1 comment:

Candycane said...

lol, I too got one of those itrip things, mine was for a reg. mp3 player, not an ipod so i don't know what the thing was called that uses the fm tuner, needless to say, I HATED IT RIGHT OFF THE BAT. i was so disappointed. i wanted to hear my jams in the car. so currently my mp3 player is for working out and tanning. david says there is something he can install for around fifty bucks or so. i just have to get him to order it for me. how the heck do i have an 07 honda pilot and no way to listen to my mp3 player. technology pisses me off. i love it but like you said, its always changing. i'm happy w/ my bottom of the line cell phone, mid grade lap top, tube tv, and i wasn't going to succumb to technology and get an mp3 player but when i did, i knew i had met a new love! i absolutely love it!