Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Another Christmas Come and Gone
Well Christmas day has passed and on to New Years we go. The hustle and bustle is finally over..... Its like the calm after the storm. Its amazing how content I am with life at this point in my life. Its funny how Christmas's in the past felt sometimes to me... I would somehow feel empty even surrounded by family sometimes I would leave feeling is that all! Like all the hype of the Christmas time was supposed to feel different. The thing is I don't feel that way in my life now I have everything I have ever dreamed of having in my life. Money isn't the issue it was for so many years of my life. I don't need or want for anything. If I died tomorrow I would feel I had a wonderful life. I guess I am amazed at the level of contentment. I have however worked VERY hard to find this peaceful place in my life. The Therapy to deal with existing anxiety issues that span literally a lifetime, working out five days a week for 9 months, watching my diet and limiting the things that are bad for me, respecting my body by taking care of it. Seeing my mother and brother in a new way, especially my mother. Coming to terms with who I am spiritually. Getting ride of addictions I have had to numb me from myself. It has been no easy journey. I will continue to work hard. For example I have money I got for Christmas and for the first time I have nothing I want. I mean there are things that would be nice additions to my ipod or my digital camera or my closet full of clothing. I just don't really want any of it. I am full and my cup runneth over...isn't that how the saying goes. I had lots of fun deciding what to buy people for Christmas and enjoyed them opening up there gifts. I enjoyed more the special time I had with all of them. Not just on Christmas but over the years. I have enjoyed seeing my mother finally being loved the way she deserves to be loved. Seeing her happy and in love. I have waited 30 years for that and it was well worth it. I can finally say I enjoy being an aunt! I love playing with my nieces Hannah and Averi. They are both so beautiful and full of life. I can see the future with both of them very rewarding for them and me. I will love being able to spoil them and not have the responsibility of the parent role. I can't wait until they get older! My brother seems content with his life as a father and husband for the first time ever. Everyone is in good health! Life what a precious gift and the most precious of all is truly appreciating it and realizing it in all its glory. I feel blessed and satisfied and could not ask for more. I only hope all people will one day feel the contentment I have finally awakened to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This might be my favorite blog of yours! I have seen you suffer and feel helpless, so very helpless, and yet I relate to your sufferings too, and now I relate to your peace and joy. I am saddened that others do not experience it on this level and on the level I strive to reach. I know I'll never reach the top of the mountain and think "okay, I'm here, at the top of my spiritual journey and the game of life is won!" yea right. We have much to learn, mainly from looking inwards, b/c I see when I look outwards, I can easily become disappointed. Then, theres always looking upwards, to God for guidance, and always for forgiveness, as we take our humble selves and sins and just simply ask for peace. Funny how it just delivers itself. Like you said though-- work is involved. I'm just so whole heartedly happy for you and your family, a family that I'll always claim a small stake in! If theres one thing I miss besides hanging out w/ you, its hanging out w/ your mom. Now what 16 year old girl likes hanging out w/ her friends mom, well that was ME. She is just so wise and insightful and I miss that kind voice of hers. My next long trip up there, be it, maybe summer time, we are making time for a visit and to see MOM! I love ya! Reading your uplifting words just lifted my spirits and I was already high on life (date night w/ hubby :)
xoxox to ya!
also, p.s Averi is a doll!! i want to see pics of Hannah now! Beautiful babies, and girls are so much fun!
Post a Comment