Saturday, November 10, 2007

Where Have I gone?

Today was a fine day indeed. I woke up got ready for work and headed out. Made a stop at BK wanted some ciniminis was so looking forward to some sugar for breakfast....After waiting about 3 min at the speaker where you order and no one asking me what I would like to order I moved on to the window. I looked inside no one is even there. Someone forgot to come to work today! So I had to bypass the sugar rush I was so needing and just go to work.

However I did learn a new way to get to work although I thought for a split second I was going the wrong way on the street and was going to get hit head on and die. That was short lived. I will have to try this new way on a regular work day sometime.

Work itself was nice and enjoyable. Then there are these things called hormones and today they got on my last nerve. Things don't normally get to me but today however a whole other story. I am just lucky I have a great husband and nice and understanding coworkers. I also am a big enough girl to give apologies all the way around ;for my hormones of course.

It amazes me how much control these darn things called hormones have over the female gender. Working with ladies in there late forties and up has it privileges. I get to deal with hot flashes and mood swings and I am not even menopausal. How many times does the ac get turned way down in the winter where Anna has to wear her winter coat. I am way out numbered to even try and knock some sense into these women. They remind me of all the things I have to look forward to as I get older. I was hoping to remain ignorant on the subject until it was my turn. Everything from falling bladders to loss of hair and arthritis. Don't forget the weight gain and diapers you might have to wear. I tell them to not ruin it for me I was already so excited about getting older they are just making it hard to resist now.

Its so funny to me. PMS is just so much fun, for a few days you wonder where the heck the real you is and would it please show itself. The sooner the better. The truth is after seeing and hearing what I have to look forward to I will take PMS over menopause any day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I got busted robbing a liquor store earlier this week. Luckily the cops let me go when I told them it was my hormones and not me.

Candycane said...

omg, ben, thats hilarious. I always forget how funny your husb is!
nice blog on HORMONES. my IUD has some hormones in it but i was told it would not affect my moods, b/c it was local, however, i think that maybe i am ultra sensitive and it does effect me. NOT like the b.c pills though. Just enough where maybe i notice i am a little more sensitive certain times of month. is this TMI!?? i love my IUD. i reccommend it to everyone who is finsihed w/ kids or doesn't want them. Its nothing permanant so that is nice. Everyone seems to think I will take it out and have one more kid. lol.
btw, i get hot flashes and i'm not even menopausal.