I am almost certain that I am not the only one on this planet with feelings of resentment from time to time. Today I found myself fighting that feeling where work is concerned... Uhhhh! I work with some very nice ladies they just happen to be all older than me 45 is the youngest. I am however a spring chicken to them ; me being the ripe old age of 30.
Am I the only one in the workplace with some sense of work ethic? I can run circles around them and some days it drives me up the wall. I find myself cursing them out in my mind. Then that practical and graceful side says let go its not worth getting worked up about.
There are honestly some days that if I wasn't there I wonder would they even be able to get the work done. I have tried to slow down and not work so fast and efficiently but it isn't in my blood.
Even the times when I feel like I get no help doing household chores. I have my days when I feel overwhelmed with chores. I will do the dishes and my husband will come home and trash it up again all over. I will clean the bedroom and he will throw his clothes on the floor and not in a neat pile just where ever. The trash will build up in the kitchen trash can and you can't put another thing in it and no husband to be found. The thing is I work too; then I come home and work. Its not like I am home all day we are on equal ground here. Yes he does pretty much all the bill paying but most is done electronically. I do anything that requires labor. In that department my husband can rarely be found.
It is so easy to get resentful and there are times it feels extremely unfair. These are the times I remind myself what is really important. In work and at home. I guess I have somewhat grown up. I have no doubt I do things that others may find less than perfect. At some point in life you have the rude awakening that life isn't all about you or me or anyone. We play a role in it and if you look at the big picture a very insignificant one.
The truth is that in life in relationships; be it work or family its the connections that matter. The time spent with these people. When I am having a great laugh with my coworkers or learning something new from them I could care less about there short comings. I love to hear there stories and I hurt when they are hurting. Just as with family its very much the same.
I think of all the times my husband is there for me. The times my coworkers have supported me or helped me out. That is what matters!
That doesn't mean however that I am not human. I get frustrated and angry and I vent. I then do let go....and it feels great!
Am I the only one in the workplace with some sense of work ethic? I can run circles around them and some days it drives me up the wall. I find myself cursing them out in my mind. Then that practical and graceful side says let go its not worth getting worked up about.
There are honestly some days that if I wasn't there I wonder would they even be able to get the work done. I have tried to slow down and not work so fast and efficiently but it isn't in my blood.
Even the times when I feel like I get no help doing household chores. I have my days when I feel overwhelmed with chores. I will do the dishes and my husband will come home and trash it up again all over. I will clean the bedroom and he will throw his clothes on the floor and not in a neat pile just where ever. The trash will build up in the kitchen trash can and you can't put another thing in it and no husband to be found. The thing is I work too; then I come home and work. Its not like I am home all day we are on equal ground here. Yes he does pretty much all the bill paying but most is done electronically. I do anything that requires labor. In that department my husband can rarely be found.
It is so easy to get resentful and there are times it feels extremely unfair. These are the times I remind myself what is really important. In work and at home. I guess I have somewhat grown up. I have no doubt I do things that others may find less than perfect. At some point in life you have the rude awakening that life isn't all about you or me or anyone. We play a role in it and if you look at the big picture a very insignificant one.
The truth is that in life in relationships; be it work or family its the connections that matter. The time spent with these people. When I am having a great laugh with my coworkers or learning something new from them I could care less about there short comings. I love to hear there stories and I hurt when they are hurting. Just as with family its very much the same.
I think of all the times my husband is there for me. The times my coworkers have supported me or helped me out. That is what matters!
That doesn't mean however that I am not human. I get frustrated and angry and I vent. I then do let go....and it feels great!

2 comments:
I know all too well the laboring at home, BUT, I don't have a work outside of home too. I guess just be glad you don't have two kids to pick up after too. lol! tonight after dinner, I picked up Ashlee and crap was falling out of diaper on to me and the high chair and I started whining so loud! Brookelyn and Michael just laughed, so did Ashlee. She was so proud of herself. I got crap on my hand, arm, tshirt...it was awful. Ah, but all is silent now, its just me and Nancy Grace...
Oh my lord...That sounds nuts! Yeah kids do put a spin on life. I don't know what I would do. I am so miticulous and get overwhelmed pretty easily. Good work girl sometimes the best thing to do is just laugh. Well take care of you girlie.
Post a Comment