So it is pouring outside. I just ate a BLT and am sitting here thinking its time to do another blog post. It is most enjoyable to go back and read through my blog posts over the last few years. It shows how much time can change a person.
Recently I have gotten into makeup. Well actually I would say in the past 2 years. I remember as a little girl walking by the Chanel counter. I even remember getting the Vogue magazines too. I would look at all the pretty advertisments and knew that one day I would be able to get my little hands on some of those things. It really wasnt until 2 years ago or so that I decided to march myself to the Chanel counter. It was a pleasant day and I was in Nordstrom really looking at shoes. That was the main reason I went there. I had walked by the makeup counter many times without even a thought. On the day I was inticed by all the beautiful colors and packaging. The sales lady was most pleasant. I was hooked! I then started watching Youtube makeup videos. I would say that Chanel has been my gateway drug to the allure of high end makeup. I mean everyone needs a hobby! My husband would tell you that shopping is not and never will be a hobby. Well, thats fine with me cause everyone is intitled to there opinions. I will say that collecting makeup has become so much fun for me. I think its the hunt for the next great product. I love how beautiful all the makeup is laid out and how you want to own it all! To me shopping for makeup is the equivalent of a guy going to watch the ballgame with the boys. Well for me going to the makeup counter and enjoying the ambiance of it all is the exact same for me.
You would think I do my makeup like Lady Gaga! I promise I dont! Even though I can admire the talent behind the people that put the makeup on her. Yes, putting on makeup really is a talent. I would have to say my favorite thing to do in the morning is not getting dressed. Rather its the moment I get to sit down and work on my makeup. It is so enjoyable for me. Who knew all these years I just didnt really care that one day it would be my favorite part of my day! I think the true talent of good makeup is a very natural look that seems as though it was effortless. Don't get me wronge I still have days I wear very little or no makeup.
I still remember watching my mother most mornings apply her makeup. I would watch and talk to her. It was kinda a mother daughter bonding time. Neither one of us intended it that way. Just how it was!
I have worn drugstore makeup many many times. I do have my favorites. Thing is that once you get used to the high end stuff its hard to go back. I am a HUGE sucker for packaging! It makes me feel so elegant to open a beautiful compact to apply my makeup. Its not to impress anyone because its all done by me for me. Its like having a nice bouquet of flowers by your bed in the morning. Its just there to greet you in the morning and make you smile. I feel the same with my makeup. It makes me smile! I never knew much about Chanel other than one day I wanted to wear it. Something about her ads always caught my eye. No other brand has really ever had that effect on me before.
I recently was able to watch her biography on a movie made about her life. I fell in love with her legacy even more. She came from nothing and had her talent and put it to use. She was a very stubborn and forward thinking woman. At a time when fashion was more about what men wanted women to wear she made woman comfortable and stylish clothing. Her company remains a classic.
The thing about French makeup I didnt know was that it all has a soft fragrance. The blushes and lipsticks have a very soft scent. Just another thing that makes you feel special as you apply your makeup.
Its a pretty odd post for me to write about. Thing is it does add to my happiness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
woohoo you blogged. i love the quote up top!
lets get me a chanel makeover!! hahaha
i love me some make up for sure.
Ha ha!!! Yes, lets do it! If you arent into pretty packaging then I wouldnt recommend Chanel. Truth is you really are just paying for the name and packaging. I think Mac has good products too BUT pricing is much more reasonable. Thanks for the comment:)
Post a Comment