Thursday, November 5, 2009

Humanity

The recent tragedy in Fort Hood Texas has compelled me to write on this night. As I was taking a shower before going to bed....I was overwhelmed by thoughts about humanity and the evil in the world. I was thinking about September 11th and the Oklahoma City bombings, the snipper shootings in Viginia, the young man at Virginia Tech University who killed many of his schoolmates. I know there are more but these were the ones that ran through my mind. What could posses these people to do such horrible things. I wonder did they feel alone in their own pain? Did they not realize that had they reached out for help that someone would have tried to understand and help them through whatever they were going through? Then there is the other side who says No they are just crazy and sick...
I do see however that through these very difficult situations that the good of humanity seems to rise up. I must say when I see it,it makes my heart sing. I love to see all people return to the truth of what it is to be alive and human. Its as though we forget about our diffrences and just see eachother for what we really are. How wonderful it would be if we could be this way without such tragedy having to happen.
It makes me think of how easy it is in our world today to get isolated from others. With technology today you could almost never leave your house and still be able to live. In so many ways we lose touch with our neighbors our communities and our families. Our lives become so robotic...we can work at a place for years passing the same people and never even know there name.
I hate that wars have to go on and people have to suffer. It seems so barbaric to even have a war in this day and time. To me we should be above it. If we could all take a space trip and see the world from outerspace I think people would realize just how much we really are all in this together. We have the power to create wonderful things and the same power to end all life as we know it. In my heart I have always believed in the greater good of humanity and no matter how much evil there seems to be in the world there is a billion times more good to be seen. I have faith that as a human race we will reach a higher understanding of our own abilities and use them for the greater good of all earths creatures. That is my hope and my heart is heavy for the families of the Fort Hood tragedy as well as anyone who suffers.

No comments: