The recent phenomenon of Tweeter and Facebook is amazing to me. I love technology! I have a cell phone that does just about everything my laptop does. Who would be without there Ipod (touch) or Ipod anything? It amazes me sometimes when I take the time to step back and really see all that has happened in my short lifetime.
I recently went on a short trip to Tyler Texas to visit my husbands grandmas. They are both widowed and they are just lovely people. In the two hours it took to get there. I listened to tons of music in different genres. The last time we went we listened to the Comedy Centrals stand up comedy. I have several audio books. All of this on such a small device. I keep thinking I will get tired of it soon but somehow soon never gets here. I have it everywhere I go and it is so versatile. I sometimes wonder how I ever lived without this little gadget.
How far the cell phone has come is nothing but amazement in its purest form. The power of a laptop in a small handheld device. My phone has windows 6.1 on it! There are things on it I am sure I don't even know how to utilize yet. Buttons, who needs buttons to push anymore? Its all touchscreen now. I keep thinking there is nothing more for them to do. Then I am pleasantly surprised. Maybe someday our cell phones will take out the trash and do the laundry too. Hell, we have cars that have programs to turn the lights on in our homes before you get home. So I am sure the next BIG thing is in the works. Really soon to be the thing we all just can't live without.
Then there is Facebook. I NEVER would have registered. My aunt invited me. Well long story short I accepted her friend request. Her I am now a few months later connecting with people I haven't laid eyes on since high school. Crazy how Facebook sucks you in. Next thing you know you are posting your life up with pictures and hour by hour updates on what you are doing. Ironically, I would have thought in the past, how stupid. Thing is, somehow it makes you feel unbelivably connected to the world around you.
I feel in our world today we can be around tons of people in a day. Yet, so many American's are so lonely...They yern for the connection of yesterday. We live lives in which we can be just fine as little hermits. We go to work and come home do our chores, pay bills, visit family and friends when we can squez time in. Amazingly Facebook opens a whole new way to stay connected to so many people, old and new friends. People that are near and far. It really is amazing. Once you step back and take it all in.
Tweeter, well I am not so into that idea. Then again I can never say never. I wasn't really thinking much of Facebook until it sucked me in. So who knows....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i agree! the technology advances are overwhelming. In h.s we never thought we'd be doing any of this!
Post a Comment