Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Welcome Ole Man Winter
What a beautiful time of year. The clean crisp air and cozy nights. I love lighting the fireplace. Last night I enjoyed a peaceful evening with my husband watching Rick Steves on PBS, eating pizza, sipping wine. We had the fireplace lit. I love Rick Steves and his travels through Europe. Last night it was a show about Christmas and how people in diffrent parts of Europe celebrate. I have seen pieces of the show before but I never tire of it. I love the fire light. I think our dog even loves it as she just watches the fire flicker laid down by our feet. I don't think I will be putting up a tree this year. Maybe I will just put the garland around the fireplace and put the wreath up. Getting the tree requires moving a big box out of the garage which needs to be cleaned. I have little decorations for the house. We will be throwing a nice New Years party and I don't want to have to deal with taking down a tree this year. Keeping it simple. I will say if feels a little strange not to have a tree since I always have. I jsut don't see the point for 2 weeks. Also Blackmon Mooring still needs to come out to restreatch our carpet and put the new pad in. The carpet is now fully dried out. I am glad to have that incident behind us. Tonight I think I might actually watch the movie I rented on Saturday. It is with Will Smith. I have heard it is good. Who knows? Heres to another beautiful winter evening relaxing. Yahooooooo!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Candlelight, fire burning in the fireplace, some wine and pizza...if we could just keep the dog from passing gas we'd almost have reached Nirvana.
Post a Comment