I love to read stories about near death experiences. I enjoy speculating what life after we die might entail. Do we go on or do we just disintegrate into the universe? I am sure what happens when we die is up there in the most wondered and pondered question. I am also a fan of past life regression therapy. I have read a few books on the subject. IT all sounds kinda morbid; I realize this and I am aware I am in a class all my own with my interest. I don't mind though I can handle it. I just find it comforting and the science community can't disprove what these people are experiencing. They can speculate as they always will and should. I myself have the skeptic inside and try to mostly enjoy the books on an entertainment level.
The thing is the more books you read on the subject matter in particular near death experience you find things you simply can't ignore. The first thing is how these people seem to be able to recount what a doctor or nurse was saying or doing during the time they were supposed to be clinically dead. One such account was a lady who had had cardiac arrest and was clinically dead for a few moments. In this time she noticed the nurse trying to resuscitate her and failing. She then said that time as we now stood still ten minutes could have passed or ten thousand years. She just thought of where she wanted to go and was there. She ended up in the waiting room. There she saw her family waiting and worrying about her. She overheard her brother in law taking a phone call...In a rude way he mentioned that he wanted to wait to do something until she kicked the bucket. Later when the woman was resuscitated and he came to visit her she explained to him that she was sorry that she didn't die so he could get on with his night. She said he turned white as a ghost. How could she know this stuff if she was "dead". Science tries to say near death experiences are just a result of a dying brain....PLEASE give me a break already. To many people have had them and too many people have similar experiences as that lady. I have taken a few things I have learned in some of the books and found it very useful in life. One person who had had a near death experience said "you only take love and knowledge with you when you die". That apparently is all that remains with a soul. Haven't you ever met someone that is just so wise beyond there years....I always think of them as old souls or souls who have lived many many times before. I do believe in reincarnation..I am sure you aren't surprised. Love to me is like a ripple effect and the love you give out will fill the world. I remember in one of my favorite books Embraced by the Light by Bettye J. Eddie. She mentions in her near death experience that people that are handicapped and homeless those people who struggle the most are some of the most advanced souls. She mentioned that we choose our life and we choose the lessons we will learn here. It makes you just look at all people in such a different light. In my own life Spencer who was my nephew at one point and in my heart always will be. Was one of my greatest teachers. I was having a particular struggle with anxiety no surprise! I was living for the summer at my brother and sister in laws house. I was around 19 or 20 or so. I was having such a difficult time. I wasn't eating I was on several drugs for anxiety. I felt empty and lifeless most of the time. Then there was Spencer my nephew and a quadriplegic. When he was just a baby born healthy and all, he got Meningitis. He ended up with amputated arms and legs from the gang green that set in. He got brain damage during the operation due to lack of oxygen. I met him when he was about 8 or so. His brain capacity never reached older than a 2 year old. He was so handsome...I always wondered what he might have been like without all the limitations. I will always say he was one of my greatest teachers in life. He endured so many more amputations as he grew and his bones stretched. They were painful operations. He had people round the clock caring for him. A full time nurse, physical therapist, music therapy, water therapy, dieticians. He had so many physical limitations yet he still ate and smiled and loved. I remember one day when I was having a very rough day I went into his room and the nurse was with him feeding him he didn't really feel like eating you could tell. Don't think he liked what was for lunch that day. With patience he finished his food. The physical therapist came later that day. Some of the things he did were a little uncomfortable for him. After all it was her job to push him a little. I watched him and I felt his knowledge come through to me that day. I saw all he endured and I was healthy and able bodied and wollowing in my pain and suffering. I remember thinking how silly I am. From that day on I slowly pulled myself out of my hole.
I believe he has taught many people and touched lives in more ways than I could even count. So I believe that what that book mentions and Betty's experience in the light has truth. How can you not be fascinated with what people return to tell about what might be waiting on the other side. There is so much more to mention I just don't have the time.... Maybe next blog entry I will continue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i looooooooove hearing about near death experiences. do tell more!
Post a Comment