Thursday, August 14, 2008

Beautiful Places Within

I once had this dream and it was so surreal to me. Magical is probably a perfect description. I have never had one quite like it since or before I had that one... Its actually kinda a funny dream but I really wanted to focus on the beauty. I walked into a garden. It had a huge wooden door with iron knobs. It was a beautiful true blue in the sky the way the sky looks sometimes after a hard rain. It was clean and pristine the sun was in and out of the beautiful fluffy clouds. The lighting was perfect not to overpowering or hot....I opened the door and it had a roof that was almost transparent. It was like a huge gazebo but more beautiful. I walked into it and there was a waterfall with water softly falling down a long tall wall into a small pool below. The floor was cobblestone and tile. There was pastel color...white fragrant flowers...I remember being there for a wedding...I could have stayed in that tranquil place forever. I don't know what took me to that place and I suppose it makes no diffrence.
Water seems to be the only thing that sooths me. I can just look into a beautiful swimming pool and I couldn't be happier. What is it about water??? As a child I took swimming lessons and I remember I was always afraid of the deep end. I hated looking down and how little the drain was. I consider myself a good swimmer. I spent many days at the pool as a child. The thing I never got over was not holding my nose when I went under. I had many teachers try and teach me to not hold my nose. I just couldn't stand the way the water felt in my nose. So at 30 years old I still do it. I am not crazy about the deep end....and I prefer water I can see through.
Water is so powerful lto me...it sooths me. I remember getting my first fountain. I would close my eyes and imagine being in a place similar to what I described above. I find some of the deepest and most profound dreams I have include water.
I dream of the day I have my very own rockscaped pool with a waterfall in my own back yard. I will never leave it!!! I can just imagine...waking up in the middle of the night and walking out into a beautiful yard..I invision beautiful trees all with lights shinning up into them. I love lightscapes. I see a pool with soft light comming from it and soft green grass around, maybe a trellace with flowers ...I would just lay back in my loung chair and listen and watch the water...I wouldn't care about a thing and nothing else would matter to me. It would be my special real life place. I find as I get older it is even more important to have your special place. For now it will stay in my mind and maybe one day it will become a reality...

No comments: