I just turned the big 31!! I don't really feel that much diffrent though. I had a wonderful Birtday! I ate my favorite food from Chilis and rented a movie and relaxed on the couch with my wonderful husband. I would have to say anything that involves being with him is my favorite thing. I always feel especially loved the week of my birthday. I was lucky to marry a man with whom his family exudes love and acceptance. I have a line of cards from people and got many texts and phone calls. I even recieved a card from my father this year...probably the 5th one I can even remember since I turned 18. I appreciated the fact that he took action in showing that I was thought of; although I am past the point in my life of needing his love and acceptance. I let go of that long ago. No expectation. Things are always much better when they are unexpected anyway.
Recently I was out shoping with the birthday money I recieved and I went down to Hulen mall. I rarely go there but I love The Limited and it is the only one I know of in the Fort Worth area. I thouught the mall opened up at 9 am. I ended up waiting for an hour for the shoppes to open. I waited in a starbucks and sipped on an iced tea. I played with my ipod touch surfing the net playing Chess and listening to music. I people watched; I love doing that. I haven't seen the inside of a mall in about 2 years. I was able to go to outside stores but not in the interior of the mall. It was too much stimulation for me. So I was very happy and content to be enjoying myself. However, Hulen mall is a little diffrent because the store I go to is really close to the entrance and starbucks was directly across from it. Once I noticed the store opening after waiting an hour and not being able to go to The Limited for over 2 years. I was very happy to say the least. I bought a few items and then went on to 3 other stores to look around. I have noticed the quality of clothing is getting cheaper and cheaper. I have always been for quality over quantity. Its just harder to find quality. I still ahve clothing from 5 years sago that I still wear. The pants that I buy from The limited always hold up a long time and are worth every penny. I recently realized I need a new purse. I have had the current one for over 2 years. It is showing its age. I have noticed however that where brands like fossil used to cost 50 dollars are now at well over 100 dollars. I am blown away at this development. I want the quality and genuine leather but come on. I have toyed with paying hundreds of dollars to get what I used to pay 50 dollars for. It just isn't happening for me. I even thought well if a fossil purse is 150 why not just get a Coach or Donney purse. Then I was at the grocery store and noticed a woman about my age with an infant son wearing a Coach. I only knew what it was cause I have been activlly looking by surfing the net. She looked put togeather and was stylish. I thought they might step into a BMW or at least a newer car. I get out to the parking lot and the family car was a beat up old honda. I thought she will spend money on a 350+ purse but they drive an old beat up car with an infant. Ghetto fabulose. I thought if those are the people wearing the high end purses take me out of the category please. Oh and I am sure the Jr. High and High schoolers also enjoy a good bag too. I just want a well made bag for a reasonable price. It just amazes me that we are willing to pay such a crazy amount of money for something that hangs on your arm, and becasue the companies know we will pay it they have raised the prices. So the search will continue for the perfect bag at reasonable price. I might be searching for awhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
haha ghetto fab! i know what you are talking about, it disgusts me, kids wearing polo but the parents get food stamps. wtf.
Post a Comment