Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The dark spirit above me as I sleep

So the other afternoon after going home from work early with a massive headache I decided to take a nap. I was in complete silence no t.v. no music just pure and simple silence. Anyone who knows me knows I cherish my naps. Yes I would fit in very well to a retirement community. I could so live that life and I am not ashamed to say it. I love naps. So I was going to try and take one despite my headache.
I lay on the couch and after a while a fell to sleep. I was having a very pleasant dream about me and my girlfriend Candice. We were just having girl talk nothing special just a very nice dream. I started to wake up but I couldn't....Yeah really weird! I tried again and couldn't it started to freak me out. It felt like something was keeping me from waking up and it was well it was scary. It seemed like an evil spirit. My body felt like it was drugged but it wasn't. I couldn't speak I couldn't move nothing at all. Then I heard a voice! It was a raspy mans voice. It sounded like a mafia voice. In this state I heard it say "she will never do that again" It was as if it was talking to another spirit and I wasn't supposed to hear it. I was aware but my body wasn't responding at all. I then heard a voice in my head say you can do this you are strong. It had felt like this spirit was keeping me from waking up with its hold. IT was will power and I snapped out of this so called trance. I awoke freaked out. This had never happened to me and what the hell did it mean. IT felt like an evil spirit. In the state I was in I remember trying to open my eyes and I would crack them and then fall back into this trance. I could see a shadow right beside me and it was dark. I couldn't get past the fact that I could barely will myself out of this state. I then texted my husband and told him all about it.
Thank God for google. I typed in the search bar "unable to come out of sleep" I realized many people have had these episodes. It is sleep paralysis. Thank god it was considered normal. .. I felt like a freak. Reading I realized that my experience was actually tame compared to some people. Other people actually see creatures and these things attack them. YUK! Basically when you sleep your body paralyzes itself and when you are ready to wake up sometimes your body isn't. It stays paralyzed while your mind is every bit awake and aware. You are trapped between deep sleep and reality. SO wild! That night I was literally afraid to fall asleep. I slept with the light on until I felt comfortable enough to turn it off.
I hope I never have an experience like that again. It felt so real and terrifying! In the even I do I know it is harmless and usually you come out of it in a few seconds anyway.

1 comment:

Candycane said...

ok, i'm a little freaked out that it happened when you were dreaming about me.
so, a shadow is next to you and you heard voices, that is scary anna! i wonder what sylvia browne would say! time to head to the library!
i wanna know what the text message to ben said. lol
"hi hun, i just woke up fr. nap, saw shadow, heard voices, i'm scared, see u at 6, we're having beans for dinner"