So I gave into temptation. I bought an ipod touch. I already have the classic which has served me very well. I have had many many hours of enjoyment with it. However the touch has had me captivated since it came out. It has wifi capabilities and the video played on a larger screen. We can't forget the touch screen. I love it!
Its funny how when I was younger I was anti technology. I think I was one of the last people to ever buy a cd player or dvd player. Yes, I was still buying cassette tapes when everyone and there dog had cds. Same with VHS. I am still sorta that way with some things.
When I first got the ipod classic like 3 years ago. I thought it would be kinda neat. It sat in my closet for almost a year hardly ever used. That was until I started having more issues with anxiety and then eventually started seeing a therapist. She gave me some cds that played a huge role in me being where I am today. I would sync them with my pod and voila! I had her with me anytime I needed her. I also downloaded some great audio books that have given me much inspiration. At that point I couldn't be without my little handy device. Then came along the Oprah podcast (video) with Eckhart Tolle. I also got hooked on downloading Discovery channel videos about the universe and the history channel. It wasn't long before I downloaded Chess and had a huge library of music and videos at my disposal. Its too funny. Once Ben realized how much I used my pod he had a new stereo put in the Honda for me to listen through the car stereo. It has served me well especially in traffic or high anxiety moments or just chillin.
Its fun being able to get the net on the run. I mean the real Internet just as it looks on the computer...No lame Internet that you sometimes get with the cell phones. Although the cell phones are coming a long way.
The ipod touch was great the other day when I had to wait in the doctors office before my appointment. I also enjoy it at Starbucks. In my home I sometimes log into e-mail or surf the net right before bed.
Its not something I have to have but it sure has made life pleasant. Ahh technology! If I can just keep from getting a brain tumor due to cell phone use that would be great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I don't even know what the crap you are talking about. The touch? Are you sure this isn't a sex toy? Are you speaking in code? Touch screen, wink wink. Well, whatever it is, whatever it does, I must see it in real life. Look bag lady, I am visiting your lame butt when I get back from my vaca. You got that biatch.???
Oh, and I love my mp3 player too but itsn't all fancy like SOMEONE ELSES!
Post a Comment