I know better!!!!!!!!!! Not even a year ago I purchased a perfect little camera. It was about $300.oo made by in my opinion the best camera maker Canon. I researched all cameras for several weeks before settling. I was so excited the day I picked it up from Best Buy. I had only been getting by where pictures where concerned. Buying disposable cameras and just crossing my fingers things would turn out ok. I didn't care if I was the only one with a disposable while every one else had digital. I was introduced to my first digital one Christmas about age 22 or 23. It wasn't anything fancy but was perfect for my first digital camera. After getting married it was either stolen by the movers or just lost. I recorded many wonderful moments of my life with it. The history of Ben and I all taken from that camera. Once it was gone I just did without for many years just relying on duplicated photos from family and friends and good old disposables. So when I got the Canon I was just super excited. It had so much more than my earlier camera. Video and lots of functions you could use to enhance your photos etc. It was perfect for me. Well today it was dropped. when I picked it up it looked ok but then I took a picture to make sure. It won't focus it is blurry and I am screwed. It researched the Internet and to fix it it could cost 30 to 50 percent of the original price I paid. It would take 4 to 5 weeks and I am just sick!
This whole ordeal brings me to the point of attachment. I know better than to get all worked up over a $300 dollar camera. I know that all things are impermanent. The possibility of it happening at some point was high. I was careless and didn't treat the camera with the utmost care as now I wish I had. Now that it is messed up it is like gold to me. This isn't the first time something like this has happened. Why does it take loss to make something important sometimes. Honestly it is just a material item. I find that it is the money that rings the most with me and the time. I researched it and worked for it.
I have learned that having attachments to anything only brings suffering. Here is a great example. It applies to all aspects of life. Yet it is such a hard lesson to learn because to me and most people suffering at times is just a part of life. I often try to tell myself if I lost everything would I still be ok. I try to answer it honestly....I tell myself yeah I would be fine. Yet I damaged a little camera and it affected me in such a bad way. So I guess I have more work to do in this area of life. Attachment to nothing because nothing is permanent.
My conclusion is unknown at this time. It hurts either way you cut it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Attachment to nothing because nothing is permanent.
You're turning Buddhist on me. I think I can live with that.
(So I guess we need a new camera?)
F that camera. Go get a $700 camera and take some real pics! lmao (its not like you have two kids to feed!)
we need to rollerblade. oh but first I gotta buy new ones. My other ones finally broke and I donated them.
Post a Comment