Friday, March 21, 2008

This week

Today was one of those days you just want to close your eyes and when you open them again you would find yourself lying on a beach somewhere far far away. We were so busy at work and even if you had 10 of you that wouldn't meet the demand of all the things that needed to get done or people who need a piece of your time. Needless to say I am happy the work day is over. There is nothing like earning your down time, I find I appreciate it so much more.
We have all heard the little sayings about you get out of life what you put into it or karma or if you do good things for people it will come back to you. Mid week I found myself saying Universe throw me a bone. Ben and I have done some really nice things recently and I feel on a deeper level I have given of myself to those around me with no strings yet this week I felt like the Universe was sh$%ting on me. Honestly when I put good out in the Universe its not like I do it expecting good things for myself I just do it cause it feels right. I guess I just got used to being reciprocated. Looking back at the week though I see the sutler way the Universe thanked me. I guess it won't always be so in my face.
I did order some bedding for my grandfather's bed, it happened to be delivered on the worst day of the week. I got an apology from a coworker via text message because we had gotten into it that day. We ended up fixing things right over the phone. My husband and I went looking around at a few shops after work one night. I am sure there were other ways the Universe thanked me those are just the ones that stand out. Oh wait one more, I got my Women's Health magazine this week. Ok there those are the ones that stick out the most.
Easter, a religious holiday for many...and for me growing up. I find however as I have gotten older much of what I grew up with doesn't speak to me the same way. So what will I be doing for Easter,working and if I wasn't working just enjoying life. Nothing special...although I realize the importance and respect it. I look at God in a much different way. I may never know if the stories of the bible are really true...I do know my life has been touched by God and I feel his presence in everything around me. I celebrate that everyday...as I try to be as aware as possible to everything around me large and small. I do love the chocolate Easter bunnies and the milk dud eggs. Yummy!!!

3 comments:

Ben There said...

Sometimes the Universe has to give you a nice pimp-slap to the grill before you can get to the choclate bunnies and milk dud eggs.

A said...

Thanks for that there comment Bennie boy! You never fail to make a ho laugh!!!! LOL

Candycane said...

omg, you two........
so you worked on jesus's resurrection day? that just isn't right but i guess the funeral parlors don't close!