I have taken a new interest in our universe. I stayed home from work one day and ended up downloading some videos from itunes about the universe. I felt like a kid all over again. I was learning about the sun. I couldn't believe all that I didn't know about it. One thing that was interesting was how large it is like hundreds of our earths could fit into it. Also how the edge of the sun is as hot as the center it doesn't really get cooler as you come away. That it will eventually die! I guess I had never thought about it.
It made me feel so very small. I also was amazed at how perfect everything is for us to exist. I mean any closer to the sun and we would fry and any further and our world would be too cold to live on. It is a perfect balance and yet so fragile. Our galaxy is one of billions and the universe is expanding every single day. It is overwhelming and amazing. Our galaxy is just moving through space every day as we conduct our lives.
I guess the magnitude of how amazing space is had left me all these years. It really puts things in perspective for me. I think it is always good to find things in life that ground you and watching the programs I have been watching has put my spiritual and everyday life in perspective. It just makes me realize how special we all are and yet how small at the same time. I just can't put into words how amazing it is to know how Small our planet and everything in it is compared to the universe and yet we are all part of it. It is overwhelming and exciting and just so much fun to learn about. Next time life gets on your last nerve think about how many billions upon billions of stars, planets and galaxies that haven't even and more than likely never will be discovered are out there. How insignificant your problems are in the BIG picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
well that was a lesson! keep teaching, i find it fascinating too, but don't have time to google "universe"
luv n hugs
Post a Comment