Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Surprises

Well yesterdays blog was so insightful I actually went to work but decided to leave early. I have a pretty cool job in that when I want to leave early considering we aren't to busy I can leave I have never been told no. Have a pretty cool manager! Well I came home and ate lunch. Then I called my husband to let him know. Can you believe he sent me flowers and he was like um not cool! I said why he said I sent you something to work....So luckily he was able to call and have them sent to my house (flowers).
Reminds me of when he proposed to me. I got a dozen red beautiful roses each as big as my hand delivered to work. Then I decided to get off early. I kinda ruined the surprise...I get home and notice a billion balloons in my apartment ( I once told him that was a wish of mine to have a room filled with balloons and all the streamers hanging down). SO I was taken when I opened the door and of course I had my flowers in my hand with purse. I didn't notice my dog darting out the door. Luckily my future husband got home just in time to tackle my dog in the parking lot. He was getting back with one more load of balloons. He had to use my cousin and brother to pick up all the balloons. Anyway the proposal was perfect to me anyway!
The flowers sent today reminded me of that though. I think that is why I hate surprises. To this day I tell Ben what i want for birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas etc. We already have our Christmas gifts for this year. I guess I hate disappointment and when I tell people exactly what I want there isn't disappointment.
Well the rest of the day I watched a nice show I downloaded from itunes about the sun. Then a nice nap and then surfing the net. The perfect afternoon and I am off tomorrow. I do however need to work out this evening and do some laundry and Ben needs a shirt ironed for tomorrow. My flowers look beautiful and I feel lucky to have a husband that even after 4 1/2 years of marriage still manages to make me feel like a princess.

1 comment:

Candycane said...

I want flowers! Give Ben my address so he knows where to send them.
I love the engagement story, its been a while so I had forgotten parts of it. He is such a romantic. Does he offer classes to other dumbass men?
I shouldn't say that, Michael surprised me in bed the morning of our anniv w/ a pretty bracelet when I had specifically said no cards no gifts! I felt like a tool, not having anything for him. Needless to say, the rest of the day I let him be king.
keep writing
i heart you
luv,
candycane