Today was a very busy day at work...I felt like I was being pulled from every end! Thank God I completed my work and now I get to enjoy a nice quite evening at home. This entry is going to be about accepting help from people. You know I will do just about anything for someone in need but when it is my turn to need I have the hardest time accepting help.
Why is that??? It puzzles me. For example today I was leaving work and about 2 blocks down the road and something wasn't right with my car. It was making a weird noise. I turned the radio down at first and then dismissed it by saying oh its just something rattling in the trunk. Then the sound was just making me uncomfortable and I decided to turn around and go back to work. I kinda work in a rough area...SO I get back to work and I have a flat tire. It was the passenger side back tire. I was relieved to have made it back to a safe place. So I called my husband and he was on his way. Then I go inside to wait and talk to fellow coworkers. I work in the flower shop at a funeral home. The flower shop closes at 5 and the funeral home stays open until 9 pm for visitations. My assistant manager Barbara just happened to still be there. We had had a busy day and she was tying up lose ends. Then in walks in a funeral director who should have been on his way out to go home. Instead he asks If anyone needs help with anything and I say no just waiting for my husband to come fix my flat so I can go home. He then asks if he can fix my flat. I say no 3 times and he insists. He makes it look effortless...Then my husband arrives and we say thank you and we are off to come home.
That should have been easy for me to accept someone doing something nice. Why was it so darn hard. I wonder if other people feel this way. Now it makes me want to just do something nice for someone. Its amazing how little things like that can amaze you. Its like the niceness in people these days is so overshadowed by negativity. Even 60 years ago it was more prevalent. Know it seems we live in a dog eat dog world more and more that a simple act of kindness seems foreign. It is really sad! I just didn't realize how sad until today.
People are capable of so much good. I mean to the funeral director it was probably nothing but to me and my husband it took a load off. No matter how little the dead it could mean more than you know to that person. I had forgotten how much that is true until today. I will now try and find more opportunity to help others....all from the one act of kindness shown to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I know! Just opening the door for me when I have a stroller is such a wonderful good deed! I certainly look out for fellow mommies! Yes, you are good at doing for others but you have always had a hard time accepting from others. hugs!
Post a Comment