Monday, October 12, 2009

Hummm

It seems like an eternity since I have even attempted to write in my blog. I am attempting tonight and as I am writing am wondering why... I cant say I did anything terribly interesting today. It is after a cloudy dreary day here. I am beginning to wonder if we moved to Seattle and I just dont remember doing it. Thank God for Zoloft because I think at this point with as many days as we have had like this (cloudy, rainy, cold and ugly) I would be seeing a doctor anyway for a prescription. This is my favorite time of year. Yet I never remember it being this dreary.
My favorite holday is on the way...If you guessed Halloween then you would be right. I love it!!!! I dont know what it is about Halloween...It just always makes me happy just thinking about it and the month of October. As a child I remember trick or treating in our neighborhood and couldnt wait to go out and have fun. My mother would get off work early enough to come home and help me and my brother get dressed into our costums. Then off we went down the street to knock on door and get loads of candy. There was always this one house that would scare me so much I couldnt go up and get candy. My brother thought it was so funny... They had the yard all decked out with skeletons, goblins, ghosts and a fog machine as you walked closer to the door. Oh yeah and the scary music and screams going on in the background. Ughh it was to much for me. Anyway once we got home with all the candy my mother would check to see that it was all ok. No candy unwrapped. Then she would let us pick out a few pieces to eat. Then she would put the rest up and throughout the year rashion it out to us. I am sure it was better that way...we did after all tend to avoid the severe stomach aches most kids got on Halloween night after eating to much candy!
The only bad thing about my favorite holiday passing....Thaksgiving and Christmas. I hate to be a negative person about the issue. For many it is a happy time of year. Thing is its hard to get past the obligation and the high expectations that rarley these holidays live up to. As a child I loved the Christmas and Thanksgiving holidays but now as an adult I see it much diffrently. As a child I guess you have what people would call the rose colored glasses on. Once you become an adult you reluctanly have them removed.
As I sit here typing my new blog entry I am freezing my Azz off!!! I just painted my nails a deep dark purple. Now I get to let them dry and to not be bored off my ass...I like to play with my beloved laptop and waste time. Well I guess that is a nice warm up to starting to write again on my blog...Hopefully I will come back again soon to make a new entry....who the hell knows

No comments: