Thursday, October 30, 2008
Georgia Trip
How beautiful it was!! The leaves were changing colors on all the trees. The fresh air of the mountains was refreshing. I as always enjoyed going to the Highlands in North Carolina and the little town of Helen in Georgia. It seems to be a tradition when we go to ALWAYS go to those two places. Ben's parents neighborhood is like a story book. It has a winding little hill and all the houses look traditional and dogs run free and as you are walking come out to greet you and are your companions the rest of your walk. You can spot deer in peoples yards. As Danna (Ben's mom) and I were talking and I was helping her with dinner I saw out of the window a mom and baby deer. I acted like a child going look look!! I was very excited I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The deer were in the neighbors yard just standing there! I ran outside to get a closer look. I walked past some bushes and their they were looking right at me. We looked at each other for a few moments and off they went. What a beautiful moment it was. Growing up in the city you just don't see that everyday. It is peaceful and much more simple there. We had meals around the dinner table at the end of the day. The meals cooked with love and the conversation ranging from every topic imaginable. Then after dinner we all watched a movie together with the fireplace on. It was like that for 4 nights. It was so wonderful. We would then retire to bed. Not just any bed though a king size bed that is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. I also loved having cable TV! Ben and I would fall asleep to the History chanel or comedy. In Georgia at night the temperature fell below freezing and the days were in the very low 50's. One day we tried to go play golf but it was just too cold and the wind wouldn't let up. The scenery was unlike anything Texas has to offer on its best day. We had beautiful sunshine most of the time there. The 13 hour drive was worth it. I have posted a few pictures of the trip and I will post more in the future. I will also mention more on my drive up which was not very much fun for me this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
the pics are gorgeous
how was the drive? I thought about ya during that time....
The pics are awesome, like postcards!
Post a Comment