Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Beautiful Weather and Such

What beautiful weather...I wait all year for this! I find myself blissfully happy on days like this. It gives me a new perspective its like a breath of fresh air. Yesterday I went on a little shopping excursion and that is always my favorite. For one thing there have been times I couldn't go out and about. I appreciate the simplicity of it. The joy of finding that special something. The excitement of adding to your collection of whatever. My favorite place to shop has to be Southlake town square. I love the cleanliness and the people are all so friendly. I love walking outside and then just walking into the store of your choosing. They have a really pretty fountain in the middle of all the shops with trelaces and benches and I enjoy relaxing after looking around or after shopping.
I was on a mission on Tuesday. I wanted to find some pants. I love the store Lucky! The girl who works there remembers me every time I come by. It is kinda nice and she is so helpful. I had done my homework online as a frequently do. I had already seen what I wanted to buy and just was hoping they had my size. Sure enough they did and of course I had to have a shirt to go with. There is nothing like a new outfit to brighten any ones day.
I will be leaving for Georgia in a couple of weeks to go see my wonderful in laws. I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful mother in law and father in law. I think I won the lottery on that! They are always so good at making me feel loved and special. So I really do feel they are a true extension of my family. However when I do any kind of travel it makes me a wee bit insecure. For me it is like what I train for all year long. Like running that marathon. I look so forward to it but it takes alot for me to get there. I feel certain I am ready but the insecurity nonetheless sneaks in. So I find myself grasping for a focus and for me it tends to be shopping. So I have been planning. We are also going to be taking a family picture professionally. They say casual. Thing is for a woman there are too many options for casual and my head runs wild. I still haven't decided what to wear for the picture. The way I see it its going to be in the family for a long time to come. I think I better put a little thought into it. SO I ordered a shirt online and from a store I have never ordered from. I am not really sure if the clothing runs true to size, larger or smaller. We will see. It is always like a treasure hunt ordering online. You never know exactly what you will be getting until it arrives at your door step. It is like Christmas opening up a new present. So weather I will like it or not remains to be seen.
So back to Tuesday after leaving Southlake and the Lucky store I headed for the mall NE mall. I love the Nordstrom there. I highly recommend it to buy makeup and shoes. These days I tend to research before I go buy. I had researched a few things from Chanel's line of makeup. I have grown to love it!!! It stays on all day and it looks like you just applied it. With my job I don't have time to primp nor am I really the type. So I get there and ask for what I need then am pleasantly surprised when I get a free gift. It is a nice one too. A round makeup case with tons of free samples from all makeup brands Nordstrom carries. Who doesn't like free samples. So off I go and I think I am set pretty much for the trip.
My insecurities will be with me but I have done this before. I can't wait to get to Georgia's mountains and the fresh air. I love the seeing it this time of year all the color with the trees dropping there leaves. His mom cooks almost every night we are there and I love the food. The guest bedroom has a king size bed that is the most comfortable bed in the whole world. The natural beauty is all around you there. So in November after spending the last week of this month there I will have to write about it. It's weird when we get back I think we will have a new president. I hope it is Obama!

1 comment:

Candycane said...

I can't decide on a pres. Nothing seems appealing on either side. I think Michael is for O.
I hope your trip is a ton of fun. :)