Saturday, May 3, 2008

What amazing creatures we all are!!! I have been seeing a therapist now for 7 months for my anxiety and panic attacks. It continues to be a rollercoaster ride. I have moments where I feel I can conquer the world with my new found truth and moments where I feel like the darkness will completely swollow me up and it is hopeless to even try.

After seven months of cognitive behavioral therapy and much homework or should I say living work I am finally maturing with the knowledge that has been laid before me. I am not out of the water yet but I am really making progress and though slow very thouroughly...As I come through this stretch of my journey I feel anew experiencing the world as though I was reborn with a completly new appreciation for basic things. I beleave all of us go through these thngs in diffrent ways and some of us are lucky enough as I have been to be able to slow down enough and disect every little thing for better understanding and greater knowledge of themselves and what they can really do.

In our society it seems spending much time with yourself is looked down upon. It is looked as being selfish. I find however that ignoring yourself and draining your personal resources is more selfish in the long run. As people always say if you can't take care of yourself how on earth are you ever going to take care of anyone else.

That being said....I feel very lucky to have been given the opportunity to be able to not only take care of me but dive into the deeper meaning of life. There is so much more in this life than what the average person settles for. I have always beleaved this in my heart.

My struggles have brought me to that realization...when it could have brought me to distruction. I am no enlightened one or monk. I just try to make my struggles knowledge s

No comments: