Saturday, March 29, 2008

Just Rambling

What is it about life that has you escaping from it...How often are you really in the moment? If you think about your life you will find some of the best and worst moments that you have lived is when you were saturated in a single moment. I can think of many times...One when I got married another when I had an operation etc etc. Point is that most of life is going through the motions and I find for myself the things I love doing are those very things that take all my attention. I love floral design and when I am putting together an arrangement I am absorbed in that very moment. I loved to Rollerblade same thing there I was absorbed in every second of that experience...I remember a time I would Rollerblade until night fell. I couldn't wait to do it. I think as I have gotten older I revisit those moments...IT seems now the thought of rollerblading frightens me a little. I find the older you get you tend to find escapes to reality cause lets face it sometimes real life can suck. I mean responsibility, obligation, being pulled in a million directions etc. Yeah people need escapes every now and then. The mind needs mini vacations to keep functioning in this fast paced society with all the stress it has to offer. The funny thing is no matter how talented you are at escaping it will always be that just a temporary escape. Real life is always there to greet you when you are done with your mini vacation. The key is making the whole of your life a vacation being present in every moment of your life and making every moment count. All we ever truly have and own is in this very moment. It will take me a lifetime to perfect the art of being in the moment...In the end my belief is it is worth it.
Disappointment....very few people are good with this. I for one will run the other way where disappointment is concerned. I would rather back down on things then be disappointed. I do my best to prevent it. I hate surprises and for birthdays and anniversaries me and my husband discuss what we will do and buy each other. That way I don't have to be disappointed. Not that my husband has ever disappointed me and I can honestly say that. I guess I just want to wipe out that possibility. I guess I need some maturing in this area of life. I know that it truly is just another part of life at times. I guess disappointment is just the thing that you chance when you have relationships of any kind. No one can be perfect all the time. No matter what life throws at you in the end it is always worth the effort...

3 comments:

Ben There said...

I don't think I own this moment but I'm pretty sure it owns me.

I miss you right now.

(See you tomorrow!)

A said...

miss you too...Hope you can for sure make the flight back in tomorrow, love to you

Candycane said...

I think when I'm playing w/ the girls, I'm genuinely in the moment, but yes all the other crap is motion filled. ugh.
I went rollerblading when I was in Arl a few months ago, it was a cool evening and dark and I rollerblading up to wood elem. I busted hard on Caliente going downhill. Make a long story short, david picked me up and took me back to my parents!!