Sunday, November 18, 2007

Lazy Days

Its lazy days I am always so thankful for. I enjoy waking up leisurely and conversation with my husband, petting the dog, reading the paper, opening all the windows and letting the natural fresh air inside. Taking a drive to the local Whole Foods store and gathering healthy ingredients for a shake. I love taking afternoon naps and watching an old movie, walking the dog. I actually had planed on going to the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens today but it was to late once I was ready to go. I love to go on a Sunday morning when the air is brisk and not to many people are there so it is calm and quite.



Its these very things that speak to my soul and revive me. I absolutely need time like this. It reminds me how I am truly one with the world around me. Its amazing how so many people find they have to cram so many things into a day. They end up neglecting themselves. The most important driving force in my own life is taking care of myself. Without that I am no good to anyone else.



That is one of the reasons I started this blog. I find it very therapeutic. You can never have to much positive energy in your life. Something to keep the mind focused; mine tends to wonder a lot and I find this isn't so good for me. Guarding your mind should be on the forefront of peoples to do list. What goes into it and the thoughts you entertain could lead to your detrament

Days like this are what I enjoy the most!

5 comments:

Candycane said...

ok, you are becoming so high tech. I need to look into putting video on mine too. well, you are quite insightful, but you always have been. Sounds as though we are in the same state of mind even though our lives are very different. Have you ever looked around and noticed how shallow everyone and everything is, how empty the average human is? It sickens me. I mean, good god, at least I'm on a quest to nourish myself, seek soulful intentions, and become whole. Its a good goal anyway right! Anyway, thank you for your postings. I actually quit myspace so I'd have more time for MY blog and time to go read yours, etc.. love ya

A said...

Thank you candlebox. I would love for you to put video on yours too. I absolutely love reading your blog and am very sad when you don't get around to posting on it. We have always had a common ground you and I. That is the spiritual side. I find you balance my serious side. I love your sense of humor! I was on the way to work the other day just thinking about your Joel Osteen story and started laughing on the way to work. Yes, I see what you are talking about all around ( the shallowness) I do however want to beleave that we are all at diffrent points in our development and also some people don't where there thoughts on there sleves as much. I have faith that everyone is searching for truth. I have my shallow moments as well though. I am glad to hear you quit my space. It reminds me of teenagers anyhow. This is better for you to display your writings. You are to good for myspace:)

Candycane said...

Yes, Michael said he was proud of me for quitting, lol. I thought he was patronizing me, but he was serious. He said it shows I can detach and move on to other, more productive avenues. Myspace can be fun, it was fun for a long time for me, but now, I just feel like it was taking time away from something, anything else. I love reading your blogs too. It makes me feel a part of your world, but sad too....shouldn't we be meeting up or something....lol. I've been near your house a couple of times. My heart breaks sometimes, just for us. But I guess, one day, we will be old ladies w/ boxes full of letters. Anytime I am reading to you is time well spent and keeps me off the phone getting tangled in someones drama or gossip. That makes ME laugh that YOU laughed on your way to work about the Joel story. I think it was quite descriptive myself! Seriously, it was so funny and I just kept thinking "this is SO going in a blog!" Well thx for checking in on me. Love you.

Candycane said...

I meant time spent writing to you, not reading to you, LOL, like you are mentally challenged and I have to call and read to you.

Candycane said...

is anni banani sick. what?no blog? waaaa