Monday, November 26, 2007

Holidays

Well my Thanksgiving was very nice. I enjoyed spending it with my husbands family. It amazes me how old his grandmothers are and what they have been through in life and yet were so happy to have everyone around. They just love family! They make me happy and I enjoy hearing their stories. Ahh the chain of life. It is fascinating. Casey and Allison were there too with their new little one Avery. They are my brother and sister in laws. I am a new Aunt! It was nice to see new life in the family. Babies are so amazed by everything and their laugh well it is just perfect.
When I look at the grandmothers and then at the newest addition my mind just marvels at life. As one comes to an end a new one will begin. I think of all the things his grandmothers have told me about there lives and how much harder they were than mine, and in some ways simpler. I wonder will Avery even know what a tape is or a VHS.
We think our lives are so important and they are but there are many lives ending every minute and many new lives starting every minute. So I just enjoyed the holiday. I enjoyed the coziness of a soft and warm lazy boy and the smell of food cooking. The voices of family and friends yearning to hear how life has been treating everyone. Just the warmth of the house and the great feeling of belonging. There is nothing quite like it.
I wonder how many more holidays I will get to spend in Tyler with his grandmothers. I just find myself cherishing every moment. His uncle will be going into surgery for his back on Wednesday this week and he had to take pain meds to even join us at Thanksgiving lunch. We pray all goes well; he could get a blood clot and he already has had heart surgery. Back surgery is very serious and one can only hope for the best. His other uncle is having a home built on 18 acres he just purchased. It has presented a few headaches! It will be really neat when it is finished. His Aunt Pat had her Kitchen, bathroom and a guest room remodeled. I love to see that kind of stuff and it looked great! His mom and dad drove to Tyler from Georgia and things pretty much are always the same with them. They seem content and don't require much from life. I hope I get there someday...The content part. Ben's brother and his wife are just learning the ropes of parenting a child. It was all nice to see. Ben and I are trying to continue growing a business we just purchased recently as well as save save save to purchase more properties at a low price. We hope to secure the future for ourselves. Who knows where everyone will be next year....
Life what a precious thing. Ben's family as a whole is made up of older people than my family and it just makes you appreciate your youth. I know I will get old but I am trying now to take care of me so I will be graceful in my old age. I realize every little thing I do know will make a huge impact on my quality of life in those years.
The tree is up now and ready for Christmas....Just Christmas shopping to do. Honestly I'm thinking of doing it online this year. Except for those who will be getting gift cards from Ben and I. Well that's it that was Thanksgiving. I feel blessed and happy...That is all I could ask for in life really.

1 comment:

Candycane said...

you have your tree up! Miss B keeps begging me to put ours up. We are decorating slowly, so I don't junk up the place. Put a pic of your tree on here so I can show B. love ya!