Another day another dog that needs to be let out, job that needs to be tended to, load of laundry that needs to get washed and folded and on and on...Oh the mundane things of life. How is it that we could live in the best country in the world. With the best standard of living and the ability and freedom to basically do and be anything we want and so many people are bored and depressed with what there life has to offer.
I know just about everyone I know has had moments if not days of feeling this way. I have found however that in these mundane things of life; if we but notice there are many things to marvel at. The key is in the noticing.
How can we expect this world to give us anything more than what we are currently experiencing if we refuse to find the awe in the mundane.
I am not really preaching here just motivating. I find there is a lot in the world to be negative about and I have already wasted much of my life wallowing in it. The funny thing is there is actually much more positive in the world it just doesn't get publicized as often as the bad and we all know this intellectually but how many of us give into the fear and cynicism of the entertainment world.
Today however I have made a commitment to marvel in the mundane. I will wake up in amazement that my body can sleep for 8 hours on autopilot. That when I take my shower the water had to come from somewhere and get to my very own shower. That billions upon billions of germs live on my body at any one given moment and yet I am alive and healthy. That when I do laundry someone had to make the clothes and find every fiber in them to make the very garment I am going to wear. I wonder what there life is like? Just surfing the computer I couldn't even explain how it all works. Yes these are the "mundane" Yet they are fascinating aren't they?
Take a look again at the most boring happenings in your life and look at them for the first time. I can only imagine the enlightenment that you will feel in your own life. Even if for only a few moments to contemplate...It is a start a very good one to the true and positive nature of being human.
Out with the negative and in with the positive,
Anna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wow, this is my life. lol :)
Post a Comment